An exam is an important part of maintaining your oral health.
During the exam we will:
- Address any pain or a sensitivity you may feel
- Look for cavities or tooth decay
- Inspect your gums for gingival and periodontal disease
- Perform a thorough dental cleaning
- Full mouth X-rays will be performed
If you wake up with jaw pain, earaches and headaches you make have Bruxism otherwise know as teeth grinding. If not corrected grinding can lead to cracked or broken teeth and sever TMJ problems. A night guard can prevent further damage to your teeth.
Since periodontal disease is created by plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth, good dental hygiene is a must in preventing gum disease. And along with good daily oral hygiene habits, regular visits to your dentist for checkups and professional cleanings that will remove plaque or tartar buildup, will help keep your gums healthy and free of periodontal disease and infections.